Glasshouses Whole School AIMS
- We provide a safe and happy environment where children are valued as individuals within our school community;
- We enable children to take on new challenges, preparing them for the next stage of their school life;
- We provide a rich and exciting curriculum leading to purposeful learning;
- We encourage and celebrate opportunities for personal and social development;
- We foster mutual respect and understanding of others
- We promote a supportive partnership between home and school
Our Whole School Super Powers
Our SUPER POWER approach to school is:
- We make good Choices
- We are always HONEST to ourselves and others
- We have a great ATTITUDE to learning and behaviour
- We show good MANNERS to everybody
- We always PERSERVERE even when we find things difficult
- We make sure we keep ourselves SAFE
As parents/carers we will:
- Ensure that my/our child attends school regularly during term time and arrives at school by 8.55am each day (learning starts at 9am).
- Inform the school if my/our child is not going to be in school by 9am.
- Work in partnership with the school to support my/our child’s success.
- Support the school’s policies and procedures.
- Support the school’s Positive Behaviour
- Support my/our child in completing homework and other opportunities for learning at home.
- Attend progress meetings for my/our child.
- Be mutually courteous and respectful in all communication.
- Always conduct myself/ourselves within the school in an acceptable and appropriate manner.
- Respect and understand children’s individuality as members of our school family.
- Be ambassadors of our school.
- Celebrate and share my/our child’s achievements.
As a child I will:
- Come to school on time.
- Use Glasshouses CHAMPS Super Powers.
- Wear my school uniform.
- Approach school with a positive and sensible attitude.
- Remember to work hard and do my best.
- Be kind and caring.
- Respect other’s beliefs and cultures.
- Treat others the way I want to be treated myself.
- Share my feelings with a grown up when I am unhappy.
- Continue my learning at home by reading and completing my homework.
- Remember to take home any letters or information I am asked to.
- Be an ambassador for the school.
The school staff will:
- Promote CHAMPS Super Powers.
- Provide a safe and stimulating learning environment.
- Recognise and develop each individual child.
- Support learning and provide challenge in order that everyone achieves their best.
- Model and promote good relationships, positive self-esteem and a sense of responsibility.
- Be mutually courteous and respectful in all forms of communication.
- Have high expectations of everyone in school.
- Provide opportunities for parents/carers to discuss their children and share any concerns.
- Support and celebrate children’s individuality.
- Work in partnership with parents /carers to support their children.
- Keep parents informed about the curriculum and progress of their children.
- Recognise and celebrate success and achievement inside and outside of school.