We are committed to the principle of equality in employment. Our aim is to ensure equality of opportunity for all existing and prospective employees.
Living and Teaching in North Yorkshire
For more information about living and teaching in North Yorkshire please visit www.inspireleadteach.co.uk
North Yorkshire Job Search
You can use the North Yorkshire County Council Job Search to find out more about employment opportunities in Schools:
Current Vacancy – June 2021
Glasshouses Community Primary School
ATA Band 6 Points 6-8
HLTA Band 7 Points: 8-13
£10.62 – £11.73 ph
HLTA Band 8 Points 13-18
£11.73 – £12.95 ph
Minimum Age Requirement
Monday to Friday 8.45 am to 3.30 minus 1/2 hr lunch break
Total hrs 31.25 (split of ATA.HLTA tbd)
Established variable hours
Application Closing Date
Venue for Interview
Glasshouses Community Primary School
We are seeking to appoint a highly motivated and inspirational ATA/HLTA, who will be working with our Reception, Year 1 and Year 2 pupils. Some of the time will be worked as ATA and some HLTA. This Teaching Assistant post would suit someone who is passionate and committed to helping children succeed, and who already has experience of working in an Early Years setting.
We are a small, rural village primary school, set in the Nidderdale Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty and we currently have 58 children on roll.
We are a Rights Respecting School, that promotes our school’s CHAMPS values (Choices, Honesty, Achievement, Manners, Perseverance, Safe).
Our school is continually evolving and therefore needs a new, dynamic and enthusiastic team member to join us at this exciting time. We are currently in a collaboration with the Federation of Fountains Earth and St Cuthbert’s CE Primary, and therefore, we can offer a wealth of experience and support across our three schools. We all work together as a team to support, encourage each other, and make sure that everyone achieves their full potential.
As part of this role, you will work under the direction of our Class 1 teacher who is passionate about teaching & learning and giving children the best opportunity to develop each day. Duties will include one-to-one support, leading small groups, phonics sessions, general classroom tasks, along with morning break time and some lunch supervision.
We are looking for someone who has high expectations and who can motivate and support children in their learning, in order for them to complete tasks and make good progress, whilst at the same time, having fun.
We are potentially looking for someone who has the necessary HLTA qualifications, so that the successful candidate could cover the class for one afternoon each week.
This is an exciting opportunity for you to join our energetic, committed and passionate team, where we strive to achieve excellence in all we do.
We are looking for:
• An outstanding practitioner
• A confident person with a passion and drive for improvement
• An awareness of national expectations across EYFS and Key Stage1
• Ideally, someone with sound phonics knowledge
• An exceptional ATA/HLTA with an excellent knowledge of the curriculum and confidence to deliver learning in a fun and exciting way for all children
• Someone with high expectations of themselves and of children’s achievements, attainment and behaviour
• A hard working person who is driven and adaptable to change
• Someone who will work with a genuine child-centred approach
• A Teaching Assistant who puts children at the heart of all they do
• A strong communicator who has the ability to work as part of a team
• Someone with a strong commitment to ensuring excellent pupil progress
• A positive practitioner, who is organised and creative in their practise and who seeks to inspire and excite
• An innovative and inspirational adult, to both pupils and colleagues
• A team player who enjoys a collaborative style approach to working and learning
• Someone who is committed to raising standards and encouraging excellence
• A confident user of IT and computing resources in the learning environment
• Someone with basic Safeguarding training
• Someone who will foster relationships with the children, parents and the community, and also be able to communicate professionally with external agencies
• A fun and enthusiastic person who is ready to be part of something special
If you feel that this post is right for you, we can offer you:
• A strong caring ethos
• A welcoming and supportive team
• A fun learning environment with children who are ready to learn
• Supportive families who work in partnership with the school
• Continuous Professional Development
• A fun, vibrant and happy school where you can thrive and enjoy coming to work each day.
Please send your completed application via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org or post to Angela Lumley, Business Manager at St Cuthbert’s CE Primary School, King Street, Pateley Bridge, HG3 5LE.
This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our pupils and young people. We have a robust Child Protection Policy, and all staff will receive training relevant to their role at induction and throughout their employment at the school. We expect all our staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to a satisfactory enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service criminal records check for work with children.
For an application form and further information, please visit the NYCC Jobs website:
North Yorkshire County Council (NYCC) advertise vacancies on behalf of schools and external organisations (third parties) in North Yorkshire. NYCC are not responsible for the recruitment/employment practices of third parties and accept no liability in relation to the vacancy and any subsequent recruitment/employment processes.