- SENDIASS- The Parent Partnership service has now changed to SENDIASS - Special Educational Needs and Disabilities Information, Advice and Support Services. The SENDIASS Coordinators can offer impartial advice and support which could include making a home visit to listen to any concerns you may have, or attend meetings with you. They may also be able to put you in touch with other organisations or parent support groups.
- A SENDIASS Co-ordinator can be contacted through North Yorkshire on 01609 536923
- ChildLine: Website: Click here Tel: 0800 1111
- North Yorkshire PACT group- A collective voice for parents of children with additional needs and disabilities. Tel: 01765 640552 Website: Click here
- Autism Research Centre- The mission of the ARC is to understand the biomedical causes of autism spectrum conditions, and develop new and validated methods for assessment and intervention. The ARC fosters collaboration between scientists in Cambridge University and outside, to accelerate this mission. Website- Click here
- Dyslexia network plus- DNPlus is a local association in North Yorkshire to support people with dyslexia, dyslexic type difficulties and other specific difficulties with literacy and numeracy. It is run by volunteers and based in the Hambleton and Richmond area, but is open to anyone in the region who is prepared to travel. - Telephone: 0845 22 60 240 Website- Click here