At Glasshouses we believe that families, parents and carers of our pupils should feel as included and supported by the school as their children are. By supporting the family we are supporting the child to achieve their potential and get the best experience from their education and home life.
We are able to provide support, advice and information to families and to listen to any concerns you may have about your child’s education, behaviour or wellbeing.
Help and support may include:
- Helping to improve the home/school link
- Strategies for parents/carers to improve behaviour in the home
- Support for those families undergoing change such as family breakdown/separation and divorce/ ill health and bereavement
- Signposting and help to access services from external agencies and community services
- Helping with applications for secondary school/benefits/housing
- Support with school attendance and lateness issues
- Safeguarding or child protection concerns
- Support to access Special Education Needs or Education and Health Care Plans
- 1-1 and group sessions with children
- A listening ear
We also recognise that a pupil’s happiness and well-being are the foundation for their success and that it is essential to nurture, not just the academic progress of the child, but to look after the ‘whole person’.
We take every opportunity to teach strategies for building social skills, resilience and raising self-esteem. At Glasshouses, these are seen as vital steps in preparing our pupils for the opportunities, responsibilities and experiences of life.
We aim to ensure that concerns are addressed effectively and quickly and that, when necessary, children and their families are signposted in the right direction for the appropriate support.
If you feel that you or your child/ren could benefit from additional Social, Emotional or Mental Health support then please feel free to contact us either via telephone on 01423 711440, or by email: email@example.com.